Better late than never.
Couldn't forget to post what an amazing day it was when William was baptized on June 13, 2009. He helped me plan the whole program and knew exactly who to ask to participate and the songs too. He was super excited for everyone who was there. He was especially excited because Mrs. Dewitt, his Kindergarten and 2nd grade teacher, came with her husband. Ironically, Jasmyne's elementary school teacher also attended her baptism eleven years ago.
The program: Bishop Atkin presided. Grandpa Jim said the opening prayer. Jasmyne played the piano with a little help from Morgan, Will's piano teacher. Jasmyne and I gave a talk on faith and baptism, and my mom gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I was so proud of her and grateful for William's promptings since my mom has not spoken in public for many, many years. His Dad baptized and confirmed him. William's primary teacher, Bro. Ferrin & our amazing home teacher Bro. Fisk were the witnesses.
I am so proud of William for his choice to be baptized and to be a member of Heavenly Father's kingdom. He is such an amazing young man and always tries to do his very best. I appreciate the example he sets for me and those he meets. We're so grateful for all the friends and family who came to support Will on this special day (and always)!



5 comments:
Awww, I used to be Williams primary teacher when he was a CTR 5!! I loved Will and his funny and clever and precocious comments all the time. He was always cracking me up with his observations :D Congrats (belated) Will!
And a shoutout to Mrs. DeWitt....she was Wyatts Kinder teacher. HI! :D
Thanks for the sweet post. I kind of got teary eyed when you said you pulled Brody's stick. It was really hard to go to church yesterday. Not because the people were rude or anything (they were actually soooo welcoming) but it just made me miss our ward that much more!
That Will boy of yours is such a studly guy!
Hooray for Will!!! I can't believe how fast time goes.
Brendon was really suprised and honored to be a witness for William. We think the world of him!!
Will is a STUD!!!
Thanks for being our friend and being a good example to Morgan.
Post a Comment