Jazz is safe and sound and back at school. She moved into an apartment this year with three other friends she met at Institute up at NAU. This will be an adjustment for each of them I am sure, but what a neat experience.
She went up mid-week last week for a job interview at the NAU Aquatics center. After a grueling 5 hour test...She got the job!! I told her there was never any doubt, but I guess in her mind there was. The jobs up north are few and far between, and since she has an apartment to pay for she was very relieved to say the least. I/we are excited she found a job in her area of expertise instead of waiting tables or maid service (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Last weekend we were fortunate enough to take a road trip up to the cool weather to deliver her bike, TV and a couch that was so generously donated. Thanks Cecily! It did rain on the way up and we forgot a tarp, but I guess at 75 mph the rain doesn't stick. Nothing was wet! The rest of the weekend was 80 degrees and slightly rainy.
Jasmyne insisted on making us dinner. For those of you who know Jazz well, she doesn't cook (our backup plan was Chili's). She made spaghetti with meat sauce and green beans...it was delicious!!! I was a little nervous when she asked me while we were driving up how to cook the noodles. She also insisted on making us pancakes with strawberries for breakfast. Yum!
She asked the kiddos to spend the night. They had a slumber party in the front room. Between the roommates, a roommates brother, and all her siblings there were ten people in a two bedroom apartment :) Mom and Dad were grateful because we spent a quiet night alone in a hotel down the street.



0 comments:
Post a Comment