Friday, August 7, 2009

15 years and 24 days


15 years and 24 days ago my Coleton came into this world. He was 8 lbs. 15 oz. and handsome as can be(Even though his baby picture looks like he's mad at the world). He was due on the 11th of July, the day after his Daddy's birthday, but I asked him to stay in a little longer until his Daddy got back from the boat. He obliged, and I began labor pains in the early morning of the 15th. Not wanting to wake anyone up, I laid there uncomfortably counting the time between contractions. When I could no longer endure laying there I woke up Sam and asked him to take me for a walk. We walked all over the little town of Oak Harbor. The city was like a ghost town in the early morning hours. We walked and walked and stopped to hug when the contractions were too much. There were moments when I thought we had walked so far, I would never be able to make it back. We decided to head back home and take a shower before heading to the hospital. After showering, I braided Jasmyne's hair for preschool. We all walked Jasmyne to preschool, and received well wishes from the teachers. The next time I would see Jasmyne she would be a big sister.

At the hospital they gave me the option of walking the halls or the running trail through the woods around the hospital. After being cooped up in the hospital for 72 hours before Jasmyne was born, I opted for the outdoors. We walked the trail, much to the disappointment of the sailors who were trying to get their morning workout and some huge pregnant lady was in there way. I grabbed on to trees or Sam as the contractions came one right after another. When I decided I had enough, we went back inside. The nurse got us situated in a room and convinced Sam it would be a while so he should get some lunch. Shortly after, I was sure it was time for Coleton's arrival...the Navy nurse was not convinced. I reassured her I had done this before and it was time. She checked again and immediately began prepping the room and contacting the Doctor. Sam came back just before the doctor arrived, surprised that so much had happened while he was off getting a burger. The doctor came just in time to make the "catch" and nickname our baby C.J. (we prefer Cole, thanks anyway).
Coleton was so handsome, and eager to eat...somethings never change.




Fifteen things about Coleton
1. He's excited to be 15 and six months so he can drive.
2. He's super funny!
3. He can quote any movie, even after seeing it just once.
4. He loves to help out his grandparents.
5. He does great impressions.
6. He read a ton of books this summer.
7. He really loves the twilight series.
8. He refused to go to the new Harry Potter movie until he had read the book.
9. He's a good cook and asks me to teach him how to cook new things all the time.
10. His favorite food is spaghetti.
11. He always orders a burger when we go out to eat. The bigger the better!
12. He's broken the most bones in our family.
13. He's a natural dancer.
14. His nickname is "Bear" because he reminded me of a little bear when he was a baby
15. He loves music and is a really good singer.

We love you Cole.

2 comments:

Brenda Janda

Love it. Happy Birthday Coleton. You are the best.

Rogers

where does the time go? Happy 15th birthday coleton! Congrats on Williams baptism. Love back to school pictures. cute family!