Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas


The ornaments are hung, the stockings are too. Just a couple more weeks until the big day! Yep, the day Daddy Comes Home! Since July 4th my kids have been talking about three days before Christmas. That's when Daddy comes home! We probably should have started an advent calendar in July. It's funny that we've looked forward to this date for six months with anticipations of a more "normal" life, but now as it nears I'm saying, "wait I'm not ready."
There is still so much to do to prepare for Christmas. I'm hoping after my last two finals are over this week and Jasmyne comes home for a visit, may be I'll be ready? Definitely don't have any sort of Christmas card/letter in the works, how does Happy Cinco De Mayo sound? No presents under the tree for two reasons, we are going to Utah! And most importantly, Sage can unwrap faster than I can wrap.
I am excited for baking with the kiddos for the neighbors.
The twinkling white lights and nativity sets galore really help the Christmas mood and Abby and Will are constantly singing Christmas caroles. A big thanks to Cole for risking life and limb to hang the lights on the roof.
It is beginning to feel like Christmas.

3 comments:

Maddy

Heather -- I am getting so excited for you that it is getting so close. So glad you have so much to look forward to the next few weeks!

Cecily

That is so so exciting for you! It will be so wonderful to have all your family with you for Christmas. You are amazing!

Burwell's Bits

The count down is nearing the end. You are amazing and I am jealous of your decorations. I have boxes. Good work.