Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My little Scorpio

After getting Sage off the counter for the 99th time this week I shouted, "Are you sure you are not a Taurus?" The last time I had a child so determined was 16 years ago. Daddy was gone for six months then too, and I blamed him for her "naughty" behavior. Only later did I find out it was her nature. She would always find out the hard way. Her persistence though, made her an excellent student and passionate about all she does.

The sign of the Scorpion is traditionally determined, forceful, emotional and passionate. This describes my little Sage to a T.
Maybe its because she's the fifth child, she doesn't want to wait until mom can help her when she can do it herself. I came to this epiphany yesterday while cleaning a trail of juice off the kitchen floor. She managed to get the full pitcher out of the fridge and carried it to the kitchen chair, leaving a trail as she went. She was just about to pour a big glass when I walked in. I told her she needed to ask for help, not the first time that day.
Some other amazing determined feats: Painting her own toenails; climbing to the top of the fridge to get whatever treat mom has hidden there; never sleeping in the same spot (the couch, my bed, brother/sister bed, floor, welcome mat); when I ask if she wants to go to timeout at church, she screams "Yes I want to go to timeout!"
I know we have many more scorpio moments ahead of us, but that's what makes her Sage and I wouldn't change it.
Sam says she's just like me. I don't know what he's talking about, I'm a Pisces.

4 comments:

Casey

She does make a pretty darn cute scorpio! Miss seeing you guys at church. If I don't see you, Merry Christmas!

Larson's

Sage reminds me a bit of Brooki, she was constantly on the counter. We love Sagie, we love it when she comes to sit by us at church. Her smile is so sweet.

Burwell's Bits

Sage is too cute for words. I love it. I also love that it is not my child yet...Riley's grandparents gave her a ladybug stool that she is using to expand her horizons all over the place. It is only a matter of time.

Isn't it D-DAY!!!!! Congratulattions you made it. Way to go. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Brenda Janda

Love that little girl. Sad we didn't get to have them play the other day. Hope it happens sometime. Also, again we need to do lunch. Let me know when you have a second.