Monday, September 29, 2008

Yet another reason I sit in the back on Sunday


You may recall the whoopie cushion episode in sacrament meeting a while back. Well, I've found yet another reason I do not sit at the front of the chapel on Sunday. First, I would like to say how much I LOVE my ward family and the sisters that sat near me on Sunday were a lot of help with Sage. Why is it that whatever someone else has in their Sunday bag is soooo much more exciting than what your mom brought? Anyway, thanks to these kind sisters Sage was not a problem.

Abby decided while we were at church she wanted me to teach her how to spell and tell time. She had brought various flash cards with numbers, phonograms, clocks and even giant money.
Abby (in a not so quiet voice): "mom can you teach me to spell ______?"
Me: "Not right now Abby, we're supposed to be thinking about Jesus."
Abby: "But Mom my teacher told me I have to practice my flash cards. Don't you want me to learn how to spell?"
Me: "Of course I want you to spell, but right now we're thinking about Jesus. Here read this storybook."
Abby (a short time later in a not so quiet voice): "Penny, Penny easily spent, copper, brown and worth one cent! Quarter, Quarter big and bold, worth twenty-five cents I'm told."
This would have been fine and quite cute had that been the song we were singing at the time and if she was not singing at the top of her lungs!!

I love my Abby, she always keeps me guessing!

1 comments:

Maddy

Your kids could not possibly have been worse than mine on Sunday. I was about to lock them in the car!! I think you're doing amazing job all by yourself. You do way better than I ever could!