Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"I am a runner"


I read an article the other day that said to be more successful and motivated at a sport it should be part of your self-image. If you tell yourself "I am a swimmer/runner/bowler" you will be more inclined to work out and for longer periods of time. Up until last year I had never run farther than a mile. I started running because, let's face it, loosing weight in your thirties is harder than in your twenties and it would be something I could do with my hubby. I also knew that if I signed up for a race it would be good motivation to get up and get to the gym everyday. I'm up to about fifteen miles a week, which will never make me a marathoner, but I can say "I am a runner."

2 comments:

Amy F.

Love it! That is so motivating (which I'm ALWAYS in need of)!
I'll be using that technique on everything now (I'm a sane mother, I'm a nice wife, hehehe).

Maddy

Yes! You are a runner!!!