Wednesday, November 24, 2010

1977


Easter, 1977. The lacy, poofy, dress with lots of ruffles was what all the moms were looking for, my mom included. I was 5. I loved that dress. I loved that it was a twirling dress. You girls know what I mean. It even had a matching slip and bloomers. Probably because it was already a little short to begin with and you can't help but twirl when you wear it.

Fast forward 33 years. After having three girls, I find the dress in a hat box at the top of the closet. As luck would have it I have a five year old girl. It washed up beautifully and needed only a button to be sewn on. I think I was more excited for her to wear it than she was...but as soon as she got it on I knew she recognized it was a twirling dress and she couldn't resisit.

0 comments: