Sunday, October 19, 2008

A week with Daddy

Where to begin? As to not overwhelm with a weeks worth of pics (150+) in one post, I will give it to you in pieces. The kids were real troopers and estatic to see daddy. The flight was 3 1/2 hours and the base was 2 1/2 hours from the airport, so the last 30 miles could not go fast enough!! When we finally got to see him the hugs were so tight and the smiles so big. Unfortunately, I could not get my camera out fast enough, but I will never forget the joy in all of their faces, including Daddy! They all had so much to say, talking a mile a minute and jumping on the hotel beds (which I decided was appropriate for the occasion, but never allowed at home.) They had four months of information to fill him in on.

We checked into the hotel and freshened up and headed to the house where Sam is renting a room. The kids were able to actually see where their daddy has been living since July. We have a picture on the fridge at home of Sam taken last fall. Because there is snow in the picture, Sage thinks daddy is in the snow. Daddy made spaghetti and green beans for dinner, a family fave.

Sam had school the next day, so the kids and I met him on base for lunch. Every man in uniform they saw they thought was daddy. Later, they thought they were all his friends. We had a picnic at the park. The weather was beautiful, and the company even better!

2 comments:

Maddy

I'm *SO* glad you had such a great trip. You are amazing for surviving all this with a smile.

Janel

That is too sweet! You are such a trooper. Your license plate frame says it all......"Suckin it up and drivin on" :D