Monday, July 21, 2008

My apologies

My apologies to anyone who had the pleasure of sitting next to our family this Sunday! Every Sunday is lots of excitement on our row, but this Sunday was especially fun! I must have said "sit down, turn around, sit like a lady, put your gum in your mouth, stop touching your sister" at least a trillion times! And if that wasn't enough, Abby (with Coleton's help) inflates a woopie cushion in the middle of Bro. Burwell's talk and let's it rip! Much to the amusement of the rows in front of us and behind and all of her siblings! Jasmyne was trying extra hard to not laugh and anticipating what my next move would be. I continued to look forward, as I was not amused and did not want to strangle my children in church...I don't think you can get to heaven that way. I snatched the woopie cushion away and shoved it to the bottom of my purse. Abby looks at me with a grin and says, "I snuck it in under my shirt".

Her dad, from 1300 miles away, thought it was hilarious also when I called him to tell him how church was. Join us next week in the back rows for some more excitement Griffiths style!

7 comments:

Sarah

Oh my gosh I just spit water on my screen! How I wish I was sitting in the back with you! We missed out on the action. Bring the fun on up to the pews next time would ya?!?

Mamacita

Was it like camping when Cecily spit her water? Oh no, we cannot bring our excitement to the front. It's waaaay to distracting, and completely mortifying for me! If you want to be entertained...you'll have to join us on the back row! All you back row people know what I'm talking about!

Maddy

DANG IT! I wish I had been there. If it makes you feel any better -- Dustin didn't mention a thing. I know Sadie is adorable to look at, so I thought I would be helpful and remove her from the situation. I did think Sage and Sadie's game of Peek-a-Boo during the sacrament was pretty precious, but Ellie giggling at every noise was NOT!

Ann

That is hilarious! I'm really disappointed that I missed it! If it's any consolation, I didn't hear a thing up where we were sitting. Way to take it all in stride!

Cecily

Oh Heather thats hilarious and Iam sorry. I however didn't hear a thing what with my own kids (ok just Joe)being loud. We usually sit in the back but the last three or so Sundays we have sat up front and I don't think its working out for us. We'll be joining you soon!

Burwell's Bits

I think Riley crying and calling "I want Momma, I want Dadda" was enough of a distraction for everyone. Very funny and I am sad I did not hear it. I did realize why Riley got so upset... She wanted to sit on the stand and was upset that it did not happen as I told her it would. Oh well. My mom would tell people that we were her husband's children from his first marriage. She would not admit to being the first wife.

Brenda Janda

We will sit by you any day. We miss laughing. It's easier since it isn't our kids.