Monday, August 11, 2008
Did you hear it?
Did you hear me screaming when the US men's relay team won gold? All my kids were asleep and I'm embarassed to say I was jumping up and down cheering by myself as Lezak, the US athlete, crept up steadily in the last 15 meeters on the French team to win the gold. He touched the wall eight tenths faster than the french athlete! It was only made sweeter by the fact that the French team had been talking a lot to the press about how they were only there to "Smash" the US team. They were not very gracious losers I have to say. Don't talk smack if you aren't sure you can follow it up. On second thought, just don't talk smack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
No sorry I didn't hear you over my OWN cheering! That was the most awesome race EVER! And last night was way fun with the men's gymnastics team (the underdogs) getting bronze. Fun, fun, fun!
The men's gymnastics did turn out to be pretty exciting. I thought it was great how excited they were to get the Bronze!! They said if China got anything less than the Gold the coach would jump off the highest building in Beijing? What's up with that?
I was goig crazy too, all alone in my living room!! I decided Bela Karoly (sp?) Is like the french chef on the muppets....I can understand about 3 of every 12 words he says. :D
HEY! I was going to use Cecily's line, but I guess she was here first.
I've been staying up late to watch, but about 1o:3o I fall asleep and my DVR keeps cutting off the end of the Gymnastics. At least I can get a replay on the internet. Can't wait for 7 tonight!
That relay has been the most exciting, best moment so far!
Post a Comment